Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Halloween Customer Appreciation



Well in the hustle and bustle of the Fall, I love the little break that we get called Halloween--a time to reflect on how my little ones are seeming to be less and less little every year. This year was the hardest yet on choosing a costume for my 10 year old boy. It seems there are aisles and aisles of cute costumes for girls, but when it comes to boys--not so much. Once they are out of the superhero/pirate phase...what then? I practically punched the teenage boy who worked at Party City the other day for calling me out on being a dull mom because I wouldn't let my 10 year old son be a scary monster with guts hanging out. Sorry, guess I'm old fashioned in some ways. I actually told my son at Party City to feel free and "google yourself a new mom when you get home." Ha!

That tangent aside, I am so fortunate to have great professional portraits every year of my kids in their costumes. Lucky for me, my professional photographer travels with me always. So this year, I thought I wish I could do this for all my clients! And so, why not? This year to say thank you, I'm opening up my studio for my clients who have done a Fall session with me this year (or are booked to do one) from 4-5 on Halloween night. It'll be just a quick session each, but at least we can capture a few precious moments that we will remember forever. After Halloween, I will mail 4x6s of the best shots. So, let me know if you'd like to join in the fun. Tell the kids this is the first candy stop of the evening (I'll be sure to have my candy jar stocked!). Happy Haunting (or not if you're as old fashioned as me!)


No comments: